Some users are experiencing issues with various apps on Android 6.0. If you are having trouble when listening to podcasts in the Podbean app on Android 6.0 here are some possible reasons:
1. Android 6.0 has a new feature called Doze mode which allows the device to limit the battery usage when the device is left untouched for some time. Since Android 6.0.1 some users have reported that the podcast will stop suddenly and other playback issues while listening. As a workaround, you can disable Doze mode for the Podbean app. To do so, you can go into the device settings (Settings/Battery/Battery Optimization) and move the Podbean app to the "Not Optimized” list.
2. Please check your Android Settings and make sure "Notification" is allowed for Podbean app. This may help the system recognize the app is running so it will not kill the app.
3. Some systems close the app. Some mobile phones have a function like auto-kill for apps running in the background.
4. The app will stop if you install some mobile phone management or battery saver apps which will also shut app services down and prevent them opening back up to save battery life.
5. Another possible reason is that your network is disconnected suddenly or its speed is too slow (when streaming the podcast).